Friday, January 17, 2014

Glenn Cunningham (Athlete)
Glenn was caught between an explosion. It had happened because someone put gasoline. He was only eight years old, when his brother was thirteen. His legs got burned and he was in pain. His brother at age thirteen died in  the fire, Glenn got lucky and survived. When the doctor was inspecting Glenn, the doctor said that he could might never walk normal again. In 1919 Glenn tried walking again. He went into the Olympics and was voted “The Most Popular Athlete.” Glenn like this verse in the Bible that said if you wait on the Lord, the Lord will help you. I liked what that verse said because it makes sense, and I believe if you wait for the Lord, then the Lord would help you. I feel guilty because I have not believed in myself for so many dreams or goals, and that made me give up. If I was in his situation, I don’t know how I would wait that long. I would have been impatient, frustrated. I use my legs every day, I use my legs for walking to my classes, for P.E to run, for my sport water polo so that I am able to swim. I would not want to lose my legs, or not have an ability to not use them, whenever I want.


No comments:

Post a Comment