Wednesday, February 5, 2014

Student Success Statement
“Hold yourself responsible for a higher standard than anybody else expects of you. Never excuse yourself.”
Henry Ward Beecher

The message in this statement is don’t let others think of you that you can do things that you don’t want to do. For example if your mother wants you to be a doctor but your dream is to be a astronaut, then go for it. Don’t be something you don’t want to be. I’m sure your mom will be proud of you because at least you have a job. if people think of you of a low class person that you can only be a waiter your whole life. tell them off, show them that you can be something in this world. “you were given this life because you are strong enough to live it.” I look up to this quote because it has a point. Why else would you be here? Just to take up space? Uumm, no. you are meant to be someone. I’m not going to let anybody tell me what to be when I grow up or who I should be. It is my life and I am the only person who has the right to make the decisions I want to do. It is okay if people want to support you, but it should be support that doesn't stop you or support that wants to change your mind. it should be support that helps you   

No comments:

Post a Comment